Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The 10 Best Cersei Lannister Quotes


Cersei Lannister is so bad (and Lena Heady is so good), her character continues to make for great TV. We recently celebrated the incomparable Game of Thrones star, and Lena Heady’s incredible work, with a gallery of our favorite memes and gifs, and now we’re looking back on some of her most memorable quotes. And the queen of plotting and scheming has many.

1. On being king 



“A good king knows when to save his strength and when to destroy his enemies.” 

2. Family bonds 



“Everyone who isn’t us is an enemy.” 

3. How to wear bruises 



“I shall wear this as a badge of honor.” 

4. On the game for the throne 



“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

5. This is what ruling is



“You want to be Hand of the King? You want to rule? This is what ruling is; lying on a bed of weeds, ripping them out by the root, one by one, before they strangle you in your sleep!” 

6. On religion 



“Oh, shut up, you little fool. Praying for the gods to have mercy on us all? The gods have no mercy, that’s why they are gods. My father told me that when he caught me praying. My mother had just died, you see. I didn’t really understand the concept of death. The finality of it. I thought if I prayed very very hard, the gods would return her to me. I was four.” 

7. Cersei’s feminism? 



“Tears aren’t a woman’s only weapon. The best one’s between your legs.” 

8. On fear 



“The only way to keep your people loyal is to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy.” 

9. On wine and marriage 



“An unhappy wife is a wine merchant’s best friend.” 

10. Okay, this was just plain mean 



“Tyrion may be a monster, but at least he killed our father on purpose. You killed him by mistake with stupidity.” 


No comments: